This project almost turned into an epic “FAIL”! Luckily I stuck with it, and now I really like how it turned out! I got this 3 piece bedroom set from an Estate Sale. It was in perfect condition, but needed some fine tuning. It looks masculine because of the faux leather finish on the top of the desk and chair, so I decided to go with masculine colors like blue and black/dark brown. I wish I would have taken “in between” pictures to show you the progress. I liked it after I had just painted the blue stripes, using Miss Mustard Seed’s Milk Paint “Artissimo”. Next up I went with Miss Mustard Seed’s Milk Paint “Typewriter” to fill in the other stripes. Here is where I wish I would have stopped to take a picture – I think I was freaking out, as I did NOT like where this was going. It looked awful! The paint was drab, and boring and completely flat looking! Usually at this point, I get the sander back out and “rough” it up, and get all that wonderful “chippiness”. How ever, I didn’t want that look for this piece. I wanted it to look “stained”, and not have the paint chipping off. So I decided to get a wet rag and go over just the dark parts – and VOILA! It worked! I got the “stained” look just where I wanted it to be and left the blue paint alone. I covered the whole thing in a dark wax to protect it and enhance the colors, and deepen the hues. Phew! So glad for the save, as I thought I was going to have to scrap this whole project! The drawers are lined in vintage newspaper for that added touch. Now it’s perfect for that little boy’s room who is transitioning from little boy to student.